Wake me up when September ends - Chris Ellis version

My blog has been virtually dead for this month. (And I had no plan on writing about anything at all until God knows when) But ...



My blog has been virtually dead for this month.

(And I had no plan on writing about anything at all until God knows when)

But today, wow.

Wow, Chris Ellis.

I mean, just wow.

I have to study about the complexities of intelligences and I have a paper to write which is due Wednesday.

I've read but one page of our module, but that slam by Ellis forced me to stop studying so I could blog about that dunk.

Let me tell you, I'm a good kid but when I saw Ellis posterizing (that's not even a word) Nonoy Baclao, studying went #AirForceEllis out the window.

It's no secret that the end of September is fast approaching. (Aminin mo may National Book Store/Pawnshop calendar sa likod ng pinto niyo)

We are a mere five days away from the last day of September and the start of the 38th PBA season.

But that Chris Ellis, well that boy decided that the Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends isn't the best wakeup call for Ginebra fans.

Sandra is now excited for the new PBA season because of Ellis' freakish athleticism.

Walang bwelo, pare ko. Walang bwelo. Parang naglalaro sa trampolin si Ellis. Take off agad si kuya. (Bwelo is so yesterday)

Buboy is now pumped up for the new PBA season because of Ellis' brand of play which will be showcased first, and hopefully for several years to come, in Ginebra.

Alam ko, dumaan na sa atin sina KG Canaleta at JC Intal. Pero dumaan is the key word there. Si Ellis, tayo ang nag-draft kaya mas nakaka-excite. Maipagyayabang mo talaga na "Hoy! Tubong Ginebra 'yan!".

But me? I'm excited for the new PBA season because of the Ellis effect. (At talagang italicized ang 'the')

When you've already watched the video, I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.

The Ellis Effect - Kapag may mga mukhang grade school fan boys na nagsisitalunan dun sa may bench ng Ginebra

I'm excited because I've never seen the Ginebra team this excited during the off season.

You could actually feel their excitement just by watching the video; what more if you were there live?

Malamang nag-tambling na ako.

Everyone knows Ellis can do a lot of things on the court. (Based on NLEX videos and tune-up games)

He can drive to the basket. He can shoot threes. He can grab rebounds. Yada, yada.

But I think the Ellis effect would be his greatest contribution.

Someone mentioned during draft day that he would bring excitement to Ginebra.

For me, that would be a huge factor for the Gin Kings.

I mean, Mark Caguioa can drive to the basket. Jayjay Helterbrand can shoot threes. Rudy Hatfield can grab rebounds. (And those three have their own brand of excitement)

But Ellis bringing the Ellis effect is a huge boost to our team.

I'm not expecting a triple double performance every single match.

I'm not expecting 34 slams a game, either.

But I hope he'd bring the Ellis effect day in day out.

Nakakatuwang panoorin ang Ginebra bench kapag natutuwa sila. Sarap maki-join, wag kang denial dyan.

Could you imagine the Ginebra die hards screaming their lungs out every time Ellis makes a slam?

Could you imagine the goosebumps on your arms when you see him take off, without bwelo, for a dunk?

Could you imagine the deafening GI-NEB-RA chants filling the big dome after he posterizes someone?

Aminin mo man o hindi, napapasigaw at napapamura ka kapag may nag-dadunk kahit na hindi taga-Ginebra.

Ellis has been dunking on several tune-up games these past few weeks and I'm fervently praying that would continue during the season.

Imagine the exciting Ginebra team more exciting? Yes, please.

The Ellis effect tapos dagdag mo diyan si LA Tenorio, Keith 'Rudy Hatfield with a 3-point touch' Jensen at ang bago nating jersey.

Sama na natin lahat baka may mag-tampo - Caguioa, Helterbrand, Hatfield, Kerby Raymundo, Billy Mamaril, Mike Cortez, Dylan Ababou, Allein Maliksi, Rico Maierhofer, Willie Wilson, at Elmer Espiritu. And si Little Robbie Labagala! (special thanks to Sir Mico Halili for the reminder)

Kumpleto yan ha, mag-champion kayo! (Nagmamakaawa ako)

Thousands of Ginebra faithful are keeping their fingers crossed for the end of a four year drought.

As a Ginebra fan said: Repeat '08 at 38th!

And thank you Chris Ellis, on behalf of all Ginebra fans around the world, thank you for waking us up as September ends.

What a great wakeup call that was!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

Oh, hello there.